What is expected from you?
As a Java developer, you will work with internal teams to design and develop high quality code and applications.
Why should you work for us?
- Join a team of 15+ developers
- You feel part of a community, you’re not just a number
- Work with a caring team that is always ready to help you
- We’re constantly pushing to do things better, investing in best practices and latest technology
- We protect our developers and don’t believe in overtime as a rule.
- You can work from home. We provide the flexibility for you to work from anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connection and can deliver great work
- Team members are not over worked and we respect people’s personal time
- There is a great relationship between team members
- No micro-management!
- We strongly encourage and contribute towards your further learning and growth
- We send you on conferences, in order for you to learn and experience new things.
What benefits do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Medical Aid subsidy
- Performance bonuses
- Monthly socials
- Annual conference budget
- Exposure to the latest innovation and technology
- International exposure
- Skills growth
- Extra annual leave days
- Encouragement to learn with a learning budget
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Hybrid and Remote work
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community events
What type of projects will you work on
Our projects range from platform products to bespoke software development.
What experience and skills are we looking for in you?
- 3+ years software development experience
- Has strong problem solving skills and a willingness to learn new things quickly
- Good communicator and team player
- Positive attitude
- Has a relevant Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma
- Exposure to the full software life cycle
- Proven experience meeting deadlines and developing high performance, scalable, and quality software
- Can work with little supervision, pro-active and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, high-pressure environment and meet agreed deadlines
- Must have a good understanding or user interfaces and modern web design standards
- Must be comfortable meeting with clients from time to time
What techie stuff do we need?
- OOP principles – Polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, abstraction
- Dependency Injection
- Spring boot
- Good unit testing experience using unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, Powermock
- Solid understanding of git as a version control system
- Build and dependency management using Gradle/Maven
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tooling (Jenkins/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience using domain driven design as an approach to designing and building software and the associated software architectures
What Our Staff Says
There’s different technologies to help us grow and improve our skills and knowledge.
Environment filled with approachable leaders who cultivate a healthy company culture.
A company that allows their employees to thrive and recognised for their archievements.
Webtonic has a really positive work environment and an amazing team spirit.
Employees are always eager to work as a team and the work keeps you motivated, driven and challenged.